Global: Women 4 Justice - Stand together for women's rights
- Global: Women 4 Justice - Stand together for women's rights
- On January 21, 2017, women will unite in Washington, DC and across the United States for the Women’s March on Washington. We will stand together for women’s rights, human security, social justice and peace.
- Jan 21, 2017 (Universal / UTC0)
- Contact Name
- Jill Shenker
- Visit external website
- Add event to calendar
Dear Women and allies around the world,
On January 21, 2017, women will unite in Washington, DC and across the United States for the Women’s March on Washington. We will stand together for women’s rights, human security, social justice and peace.
We call on you, women and our allies, around the world to plan actions on January 21st to send a bold message against the hate and greed represented by Trump and others in power like him.
Trump’s Presidency is the latest in a rise of right-wing and reactionary governments all over the world. Trump rose to power by insulting, demonizing, and threatening so many of us. His targets included women, immigrants of all statuses, Muslims, Black and Brown people, people with disabilities, and survivors of sexual assault. His most avid supporters and appointments include white supremacists and anti-Semites. He is a threat to human security and the sustainability of human life on our planet. The actions and decisions of the President of the United States has tremendous impacts around the world, and we pledge to defend each other, knowing that we are all connected.
All communities that have suffered rights violations, including people who identify as LGBTQIA, Indigenous peoples, and the economically marginalized, have every reason to fear a Trump administration. Trump’s presidency will lead to further destruction and instability for nation states. Together, we must build a vibrant, global resistance to the politics of hate and division that define this new US President, his administration, and his likes around the world.
We call on all defenders of human rights, dignity, and justice to join us.
Take action with us on January 21.
We will stand united by love and defiance
to continue moving toward the future we deserve.
How to connect your action to amplify impact:
- Share this email or the facebook event page with your global networks.
- Create your own facebook event for your local action and paste the link in the comments to this facebook page. Use the #globalwomen4justice hashtag.
- On social media, use the hashtag #globalwomen4justice to outreach for and share about your event. If you like, you can also tag @womensmarch and the sponsoring organizations of this global call to action: @domesticworkers, @idwfed, @ggjalliance.
- Register your event at www.womensmarch.com/sisters
This call to action is supported by both global and US based grassroots women's organizations. If your organization would like to cosign, please respond to this email or comment on the facebook page.
- National Domestic Workers Alliance
- Grassroots Global Justice Alliance
- International Domestic Workers Federation
Helena (GGJ) and Jill (NDWA & IDWF)